How Do I Rescan for Channels?
Following are some instructions concerning how you may be able to receive WQED's over-the-air signal. If you try these methods and you still cannot receive the signal, you may call WQED Customer Service at: 412-622-1370.
Please note: All TV manufacturers differ, so menu options, wording and other items related to rescanning may vary. The best way to complete the channel scan is to refer to the TV owner's manual. If that is unavailable, the following general steps should guide you through the process:
- Using your television's remote control, press the Menu or Settings option.
- (Note: a "Smart TV" may have a smart button that must be used to access the settings menu. It will generally have the manufacturer's logo on it.)
- Locate Channels or Tuner Set Up or AutoTune option.
- Check the menu for an option of Antenna Type or Connection Type followed by either Antenna or Cable.
- For antenna users, make sure that the designated setting is Antenna.
- From the menu, choose Digital Channel Search (depending on the manufacturer, alternate choices may include Channel Scan, Channel Search or Autoprogram.)
- Allow the TV to complete the search. You may see a bar listing how many channels have been found. The process may take several minutes to complete.
- Once complete, confirm the menu prompt, then press the exit or quit option.
If you have successfully performed a channel rescan and you are still unable to view WQED, please see this troubleshooting guide.
Rescan Info & Links for specific TV models
- Press the MENU button on the remote control.
- Use the arrow buttons to select SETUP from the upper items and press ENTER.
- Using the left/right arrow buttons, select Antenna or Cable as desired. Select START SCAN to begin the Auto Tuning.
- Press the MENU button on your remote control.
- Scroll down to Auto Store and press the ENTER button.
- Select Antenna type and press the ENTER button.
- Select the antenna type that you are using (Air or Cable) and press the ENTER button.
- Press the MENU button on your Vizio remote.
- Go to TUNER and press OK on the remote.
- The menu will have “Tuner Mode” listed at the top. Make sure this is set to Antenna. If it says “Cable,” then change it to Antenna.
- Select AUTO CHANNEL SCAN and press the OK button.
Note: instructions may vary slightly depending on the TV model.
- Connect your TV to your cable or antenna source with a coaxial cable line.
- Press the MENU button on your remote to bring up your TV's menu.
- Use the arrow keys on the remote to navigate through the menu and select the CHANNEL tab.
- Select ADD DIGITAL CHANNELS and select OK to confirm.
- All available digital channels will be automatically tuned into the TV.
- Choose AIR.
- Use the Left and Right arrow buttons on the remote to highlight START, then press ENTER.
- The TV will perform a scan for available signals, which may take several minutes to complete. When the channel scan is complete, an overview of the number of channels found will be presented.
- Highlight the PROGRAM CHANNEL option, then press OK to enter the Program Channel menu.
- Press the right or left remote button to select ANTENNA in the ANT In box.
- Press the down button to select AUTO, then press "OK."
- Press MENU on the remote control/TV set.
- Select SETUP on the menu and press OK.
- Select AUTO-TUNING and press OK.
- Select START, then press OK.
- The television will begin to search for all available channels.