Since Design Lives Here began, it has impacted thousands of students in our viewing area!
- Marshall Elementary - North Allegheny School District
- Valley Junior Senior High School - New Kensington Arnold School District
- Cecil Intermediate - Cannon McMillian School District
- Independence Middle School - Bethel Park School District
- Deer Lakes Middle School
- Franklin Regional Middle School
- Canonsburg Middle School
- Pittsburgh Schiller STEAM Academy
- Stewart Elementary – Burrell School District
- Propel Montour Middle School
- Propel Pitcairn
- Propel Hazelwood
- Propel East
- Baldwin Middle School – Baldwin-Whitehall School District
- Laurel Highlands Middle School
- Carnegie Free Library of Swissvale
- Chartiers-Houston Community Library
- CC Mellor-Edgewood Library
- Moon Township Public Library
Interested in learning more about Design Lives Here?
About the Program
Design Lives Here is a semester-long engineering initiative that equips teachers and students (grades 5th-8th) to participate in engineering activities within their school or afterschool program. Professional engineers serve as mentors to students throughout the year. Schools who participate are diverse – public, parochial and private – and have the option of making this part of their school day or an extended program. Each spring, all the participants come together for a day of engineering challenges, grouped in new teams to compete for prizes. Design Lives Here activities are inspired by the popular PBS KIDS program and website, Design Squad Nation.
The 2021 - 2022 Design Lives Here initiative is a project of WQED Multimedia, with major underwriting by Howmet Aerospace Foundation, MSA, PPG and PPG Foundation, and additional support from Mastech Digital, Williams, Pitt Swanson School of Engineering, Rizzo International, ANSYS, HATCH, Venture Engineering & Construction, Daedalus, and founding partner the Engineers' Society of Western PA.